Real Estate Fraud
David M. Dudley, who has been a defense lawyer since he graduated from Harvard Law School in 1984, thoroughly understands real estate law and has years of experience helping individuals accused of fraudulent behavior.
Mr. Dudley is a federal and state defense attorney who treats his clients with respect and fights tirelessly their behalf. He has an almost unparalleled degree of experience as a federal crimes lawyer and has a proven record of success in defending against white-collar crimes, including real estate fraud.
Real Estate Fraud
Fraudulent practices when selling a home include:
- Not revealing structural damage
- Withholding information on liens or permits
- Presentation of two sets of statements (one statement accurately contains the correct sale of the property while the other statement fraudulently shows a higher sale price)
- “Flipping,” buying a house at a low price and quickly selling it at a profit is illegal (it becomes illegal when someone buys a home and within a short time and sells it at an artificially inflated value; often, this involves fraudulent appraisers who say the house has been renovated when it has not, or when only very minor changes were made)
- Situations in which a realtor helps the buyer fabricate credit or employment history
- Misrepresenting the terms of a sale or a lending agreement
Experienced Real Estate Fraud Attorney
Mr. Dudley defends individuals involved in real estate fraud on a much larger scale as well. For example, he represents clients who are charged with defrauding investors out of millions of dollars. An example of this would be if an individual solicits investments to acquire a multiple family housing development or a business park and then turns around, sells the property, and pockets the money rather than distributing the money to the investors.
If you are suspected of spearheading or participating in a real estate scheme, you face harsh criminal penalties. For more than 25 years, Mr. Dudley’s law practice has taken him across the country, representing individuals facing major criminal allegations in 36 different states. He is admitted to the United States Supreme Court and seven federal circuit courts of appeal. For the best chances of getting your charges reduced and minimizing your penalties, contact federal crimes lawyer David M. Dudley today.
Real Estate Fraud: Selected Case Results
- U.S. v. M.T.: The federal government charged the defendant with organizing a $1,000.000 mortgage fraud scheme. Before the government indicted the defendant for running another $4,000,000 real estate fraud scheme, Attorney Dudley reached a deal with the federal prosecutor pursuant to which the defendant admitted his involvement in the first scheme in exchange for a prosecutorial decision not to name him in the second. At sentencing, the defendant, who had a substantial criminal record, received a sentence of just 41 months.
- Investigation of N.M.: Federal law-enforcement agents targeted N.M., a real estate investor, for millions of dollars in real estate fraud. Over several years, N.M. was represented by Attorney Dudley. Federal authorities were able to bring NO CHARGES against N.M.